Quite known in a short period and already loved by the experts! Opposite the well-known island of Soroya lies this unique location which has a number of important advantages!
- Loppa is very sheltered in the village of Bergsfjord and offers very short sailing times to the very best fishing grounds.
- The location is run by the Dutch couple Cornelis and Patricia who are also hunters and fishermen.
- The spacious 6.6 meters long wild fishing boats with 150 HP engines are suitable for up to 5 people because they are extra wide (2.7 meters!).
- Within walking distance is the Bergsfjordvatnet (the local lake) where you can go fishing for different trout species.
- And that for less than 600 euros per person per week for 5 people!
The area lies directly opposite to Soroya and is characterized by a particularly challenging underwater structure. It lies slightly east of Oksfjord, but the underwater structure here is considerably better for fishing. The island of Silda is 10 kilometres long and 4 kilometres wide and lies like a large protective wall in front of the village of Bergsfjord.
Around the island are the fish-rich platforms from 20 to 100 meters depth where it goes directly into the depths up to 300 and 500 meters. Also around the island of Loppa itself are these challenging and very fish-rich areas. And that's all only 15 to 30 minutes away by boat. These are excellent hotspots for large halibut, cod, coalfish, ling and wolf fish.
Furthermore, to the west of the location there are several underwater mountains including Tomasskallen, Peder Hansasskallen and Kvaennangsgrunnen which rise from depths of over 200 meters to 40 to 50 meters.
Fantastic spots for big cod and coalfish! But don't be surprised to come across a large pollock here and for lovers of redfish and haddock there is plenty of spots here too! Do not fish with too light equipment. The chance that a halibut attacks your bait is very plausible!
6QWJ+XJ Bergsfjord, Norway
Leave a Reply ·